When you are on the front line of medical care it gets really frustrating when regulatory agencies pretend that vitamins are dangerous. In fact over a twenty-seven year period, vitamin supplements have been alleged to have caused the deaths of a total of eleven people in the United States. However a new analysis of US poison control center annual report data indicates that there have, in fact, been no deaths whatsoever from vitamins . . . none at all, in the 27 years that such reports have been available. And the regulatory agencies ignore published statistics showing that government-sanctioned medicine is the real hazard.
Let me share some statistics with you:
2.2 million people per year have in-hospital, adverse reactions to prescribed drugs
20 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed annually for viral infections
7.5 million people have unnecessary medical and surgical procedures performed annually
8.9 million people are exposed to unnecessary hospitalization annually
783,936 deaths per year are caused by conventional medicine
It is now evident that the American medical system is the leading cause of death and injury in the US. (By contrast, the number of deaths attributable to heart disease in 2001 was 699,697, while the number of deaths attributable to cancer was 553,251.5)
That’s the equivalent of 6 jumbo jets falling out of the sky EVERY DAY!
Each year 16.4 million people enter a hospital. Here are some statistics based on that figure:
- In 16.4 million people, a 2.1% chance (affecting 186,000) of a serious adverse drug reaction
- In 16.4 million people, a 5-6% chance (affecting 489,500) of acquiring a nosocomial infection
- In16.4 million people, a 4-36% chance (affecting 1.78 million) of having an iatrogenic injury (medical error and adverse drug reactions).
- In 16.4 million people, a 17% chance (affecting 1.3 million) of a procedure error.
These statistics are based on one year. If we take those same statistics and expand them over a 10 year period the numbers get truly frightening.
That is 7.8 million deaths in 10 years which is more than all the casualties from all the wars fought by the US throughout its entire history.
- 9 million (8,925,033) people were hospitalized unnecessarily in 2001
- 23% of all admissions were inappropriate and an additional 17% could have been handled in outpatient clinics.
- Only 10-20% of all procedures currently used in medical practice have been shown to be efficacious by controlled trial
- 108,800 premature deaths due to malnutrition in nursing homes.
- 2.2 million serious injuries due to prescribed drugs which amounts to a cost of $12 billion dollars per year
- JAMA study that estimated an average of 106,000 prescription medication deaths per year.
- As many as one-third of postmenopausal women use HRT. This number is important in light of the much-publicized Women’s Health Initiative Study, which was halted before its completion because of a higher death rate in the synthetic estrogen-progestin (HRT) group.
- JAMA study found the following significant levels of inappropriate surgery: 17% of coronary angiography procedures, 32% of carotid endarterectomy procedures, and 17% of upper gastrointestinal tract endoscopy procedures.Based on the Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) statistics provided by the government for 2001, 697,675 upper gastrointestinal endoscopies (usually entailing biopsy) were performed, as were 142,401 endarterectomies and 719,949 coronary angiographies. Extrapolating the JAMA study’s inappropriate surgery rates to 2001 produces 118,604 unnecessary endoscopy procedures, 45,568 unnecessary endarterectomies, and 122,391 unnecessary coronary angiographies.
- 12,000 deaths occur each year from unnecessary surgeries, results from the few studies that have measured unnecessary surgery directly indicate that for some highly controversial operations, the proportion of unwarranted surgeries could be as high as 30%.
With these statistics in mind let me ask,
WHY ARE YOU STILL FOLLOWING THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE MEDICAL SYSTEM?
I just don’t get it.
No deaths whatsoever from vitamins and nutrition yet we ignore the overwhelming evidence the body can, given the proper amounts of essential nutrients, support and promote proper maintenance and repair.
For information on what you can do to prevent yourself from becoming one of these statistics, contact me: http://contact.keithabell.info/
Leave a Reply